The Culpeper Fiesta takes place in the heart of downtown Culpeper for 4 hours, 6 pm to 10 pm Friday, September 21st. Plan to bring your whole family down to the Depot (109 Commerce St., Culpeper, VA) for a night of good food and wonderful entertainment. Like us on Facebook to stay in touch.
There is no admission fee and free activities will include children’s crafts, piñatas, zumba led by MFA Studios in Locust Grove, and live music. Mark Harman with Harmany DJ’s will be playing a variety of Latino dance music. See schedule of events below.
The food, while not free, is very reasonably priced so you can afford to feed the whole family. Food vendors will provide a full selection of traditional Hispanic dishes. There will also be dessert items, flavored ice, and beverages.
Free health screenings will be offered, including confidential HIV testing by FAHAAS, as well as glucose and blood pressure checks by University Physicians Group. Free flu shots will be administered by Walgreens. Complimentary children’s ID’s will be offered by the Culpeper Sheriff’s office and the Culpeper Town Police at the Food Closet location at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church. Kids can participate in children’s yoga, presented by Pranapiloga, while they wait!
The Lions Sight and Hearing Van will be in the Farmers’ Market parking lot, offering free screenings from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. No appointment is necessary.
Schedule of Events for Friday, September 21st, 2018:
Check back for updates as we get closer to the date of the event
- 6:00 PM – Fiesta Opens With Harmany DJ spinning tunes. Kids activities get underway on the depot patio. Children’s ID’s in the lobby of the Food Closet. Food vendors open. Health screenings and flu shots begin on Davis St. All Vendors booths open for business!
- 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM – Lions Sight & Hearing Screenings in the Museum of Culpeper History.
- 6:30 PM – Sycamore Park Dancers followed by Conga Line!
- 6:45 PM – Theatrical Arts
- 7:00 PM – Piñatas!
- 7:30 PM – Zumba
- 8:00 PM – Semilla Cultural Puerto Rican Bomba – Live Music on Stage
- 9:00 PM – Harmany DJ , Requests (Peticiones)
- 10:00 PM – Fiesta Closes. See you next year on Friday, September 20th, 2019